I just finished the Parasoft webinar on security for cloud applications. It’s titled Cloudy With a Chance of Cyber-attacks – Securing Cloud-based Applications In this cloud security webinar I discussed some basic tools and techniques you can use in your SDLC to make sure that your applications are secure. It’s a short webinar, and should serve to give a good introduction to anyone interested in cloud application security.
It covers things like distributed denial-of-service attacks (DDOS), SQL injections (SQLI), and other security breaches that are lurking in the cloud for their chance to wreak havoc on computers, servers, networks, and mobile devices. Also we discussed resources for security standards and training, such as NIST (SAMATE), CWE, OWASP, and PCI DSS.
For your convenience, here are the links to those organizations.
- CWE – Common Weakness Enumeration
- OWASP – Open Web Application Security Project
- PCI – Payment Card Industry Security Standards
- Hack.me – Community based security learning project
- SAMATE – Software Assurance Metrics and Tool Evaluation
- Build Security In – Collaborate security effort
I’ve got the slides below, as well as audio in mp3. If you want the whole thing all recorded together you can get it from GoToMeeting.
MP3 Audio (17MB)